At Clyde Solutions we know how important it is to be connected to the internet 24/7, we will tell you exactly how reliable you can expect your connection to be before placing an order and we can offer different connectivity packages to suit your business need and budget.
Here’s our three reasons your Broadband may not be performing
All these factors have a significant impact on the Broadband speed that’s delivered to your home or business. If, on the other hand, you are lucky enough to have Fibre available in your local exchange, then you could get up to 40mb download and 10mb upload, which means a fast and reliable service.
But if, like a large number of businesses, you’re based in a town or a less populated area, it’s likely that the hardware in your local exchange is old and, which means you may be getting as low as 1mb download capacity, and 0.3Mb or even less upload, resulting in long delays and an unreliable connection.
Ultimately, this issue is costing businesses time and money, and resulting in the loss of key accounts and projects, because they don’t have the capacity to deliver due to unreliable broadband.
6 ways to ensure you have the best broadband possible
1. Check your connection speed: A good place to start is to a simple test to see exactly how quickly your service is downloading and uploading content. There are some great sites that let you do really simple checks on your internet speed – try www.speedtest.net
2. Understand the maximum speeds available in your area: Understanding the maximum allocated download and upload speeds in your area will give you a good idea of why your internet speeds are slow. The distance you are from your telephone exchange has a significant impact on the speed of your broadband, and if you’re in a rural area you might be miles from the nearest exchange, and even sharing your service with the next town
3. Upgrade your browser: Are you using an old version of your browser to access the internet? If so, this can also cause a delay in loading pages because your system is trying to access an older, outdated version. Upgrading to the latest version of your browser should reduce the time it takes to download pages and pictures. If you’re using Internet Explorer, check it’s the latest version, or consider using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome instead
4. Upgrade your router: Cheap/old routers and connection cables have an impact on your internet speeds. Upgrading to a modern business grade router can significantly improve the speed and reliability of your broadband service and give you a stronger wireless signal
5. Replace your micro-filter: It’s worth making sure this inexpensive component is working correctly. Buy a new one for a few pounds and swap it out
6. Boost your broadband for good: If you’ve tried all of the above and are still finding that slow broadband speeds are affecting your business, you can transform your broadband for good with one of Clyde Solutions Broadband products.
© 2020 Clyde Solutions